View Single Post
      10-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Bootmod3 (BM3) Tutorial Videos

As many of you know by now, I've spent a lot of time in BM3, testing and tuning over the last 7 months. During this time, I've had the pleasure of getting very intimate with the platform and had the opportunity to watch/help it grow and progress as PTF and their testers/tuners worked through feature development/testing and the occasional bug.

During my 7 months of working in BM3, I've personally been able to do so much in regards to tuning and understanding how the S55/N55 DME works. The DME on the S55/N55 is very complicated and it took a lot off effort on PTF's part and the tester/tuner's parts to bring this to fruition for you guys to enjoy. Countless hours of coding/table defining/testing/tuning went into the making of BM3. Some of what I previously thought about how the DME operated ended up being true, however there was a lot I didn't understand fully until we started drilling-down into the DME's tables, especially in the areas of boost/load/torque control. Some theories ended-up being solid, other's ended up being totally wrong and even still, some things we thought could be possible, ended up being more possible/capable that we imagined! (The S55's Direct Injection fuel system, with regards to full E85, for instance).

Bottom line: PTF has done an amazing job on the BM3 tuning suite and I think you'll agree, it's very feature-rich - not just from the Tuner's standpoint, but especially from the end-user's standpoint.

BM3 has brought to market innovation for the F-Series BMW platform (especially the S55) that would simply not be possible if it weren't for PTF's CONSTANT development of BM3. We can do things now that weren't thought possible, even a year ago!

Here are the first 4 videos in my tutorial set on what Bootmod3 is and how to use it. This is just the beginning and more videos will follow!

Enjoy!

-Cary Jordan

EDIT 2-13-18: Added fourth video "OBD Unlock and Offline Flashing Quick and Dirty"

IG and Twitter: @CaryTheLabelGuy

Last edited by CaryTheLabelGuy; 02-13-2018 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 17