View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #107
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by owerr View Post
So glad i moved to the states for work, planning for a m3 sometimes next year and it will be around 75k pretty equipped

I wonder what everyone else thinks about the M3/M4 vs a Cayman. I heard some REALLY good things about porsches, how they are completely different from other cars and the handling is not even in the same ballpark...

Anyone who owned both would like to chime in?
I can confirm the Cayman S is a damn good sports car. Handling is fantastic. When I drove it the only down side I felt was the lack of torque down low. You can really feel it coming out of corners. However I think the Cayman GTS may have addressed the issue because it has slightly more torque.

I can't compare it to the M4 but if the M4 is close to the Cayman in handling then it would be a winner in my books.

The monthly payment for any Porsche is really ridiculous, way more than BMW, although I have heard that BMW subsidize a lot to keep the rate down.

I priced a 911 S at $158k with $10k down on a low mileage lease (8000 kms per year) residual was 51% after 36 months and payment worked out to $2400 a month
Appreciate 0