Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
No, I am having difficulty believing that the M3/M4 will be anywhere close to 3300lbs. I would wager a large sum of money that it will weigh no less than 3550lbs as commonly optioned in the US market.

If you have ever seen a C7 up close you will realize it is a much smaller car than a BMW 3 series car. It's not Lotus-small but almost.
Remember, 1500kg for the M4 is EU Kerb weight without a driver. It will as you say very likely be +3500 lbs US Curb weight including driver. I think the Vette has a sub 3300 lbs US Curb weight.
Unfortunately, this isn't the case with the vette's weight: Car & Driver weighed it at 3450 lbs; they even note in the article that it was a much heavier car than they expected.

As for the M3/M4 we can only speculate right now, but BMW up to now is promising us 250 lbs off the weight of a similarly optioned E9X M3. My E92 weighed on certified scales with 1/2 tank of gas (no driver) weighs 3550 lbs, and I'm nearly fully loaded (no DCT or sound system). 250 lbs off gives is a 3300 lb curb weight.

I'm not saying we'll actually see this, of course, but we can still hope. At any rate, 3400 lbs curb weight seems likely, and that is STILL less than the new vette.
Appreciate 0