View Single Post
      03-31-2023, 05:44 PM   #39
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_M4 View Post
Pure used to make a turbo called Quick Spool, perhaps it may have been mentioned before, but it might be a worth giving pure a call to inquire.

I personally choose the Pure S2 HF turbos because I wanted something faster spooling than the PS2+ but I also didn't want 800whp cause at the time I didn't plan on building the motor. Imo I feel like the 650-700whp is really a sweet spot with this car still having loads of low end TQ and a good bit of top end. Some people mention lag, but honestly its negligible with this upgrade in my opinion.

I think the Mosselman's are a bit better than the Pure's as they have a redesigned exhaust manifold allowing better flow and less restriction, I believe the Full Race also implement this same formula so I'd expect both to be pretty similar.

I don't like Vargas turbo products not because of the actual turbo product, but more so because of the owner Tony whom I've never interacted, but have seen several less than professional public responses to issues with his products. The positive to these turbos would once again be the redesigned exhaust manifold and not giving up your cores.

There is also the Weistec's turbo which only modifies the intake side of the turbo and I would expect these to perform very similar to stock units.

Good luck and let us know what you go with!
Thanks, great insights.

I actually called Pure about ask about the Fast Spools a couple months back and they said they only sold a few sets and did not want to make anymore. Lol, I actually have a wtb in the classifieds on the off-chance somebody has a set to get rid of.

At this point, if I go upgrades, I'm likely going Full Race. The bit I've read on their behavior indicates they are close to stock on spool and the more I research on the FR's, the more I believe they are made by MHI with MHI parts. In fact, if you buy them internationally they aren't even listed as Full Race- they're called MHI's.

Last edited by theweebabySeamus; 04-05-2023 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0