SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
Sorry to revive this thread I just would like to share how I fixed this issue.

Background: I have been having this creaking door seal issue for a year, super embarrassing when people sit in your "BMW" and expect it to be like a luxury/sporty car and you go over a bump the door sounds like it's gonna break apart.

- I have used pfledge, it got better (still some noise but much better than before) but the noises came back in 2-3 days.
- Then I went to the dealer, the service advisor told me they would use door-ease if I send my car over there but I would have to make an appointment and they were going to keep the car for half a day, so I decided to order some door-ease on amazon. I applied the door-ease on the seal and let the car sit overnight, the noise got better the day after, but after merely 1 day the noise came back.
- Eventually I decided to go for the 3M tape solution although it has a price tag of over $100, but then I found a similar product on amazon for much much less: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I bought 2 sets for less than $13. I applied this onto the trim where the seal meets the trim, I used a little over 1 roll of this tape and the noise is completely gone! It has been two weeks since I applied the tape, I have washed car throughly once during this period, there's no noise what so ever.

I am glad to announce the tape solution might be the cure to this issue.
It's too bad that you spent the money but mostly the time to do this as BMW should do the same fix at no charge under warranty. I'm not sure why your dealer didn't do it as my dealer said that they done this on "a ton" of F30s/F80s, since the F30 chassis was introduced. I guess that your research didn't turn up the numerous previous threads/posts where this was discussed, including my post from about three months ago where the dealer fixed the problem on my wife's 2018 M3.

Appreciate 0