Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I have a tough time understanding this article... the price of US made BMWs going to China will increase? Lol that sounds like a serious hit to China / BMW more so than the USA. BMWs profits as a corporation do not remain in the USA and with the growing economy in China; this hurts BMW and China more so than in any way the US. We are still the largest market for cars coming out of that plant if I am not mistaken... don't worry about the jobs. this would be how a trade war works.
Cliff notes version: Increased pricing will most likely lead to lower demand. Lower demand = less production = less workers. Net/net this is a loss for BMW and US, specifically the people employed in these US plants.
The US is the largest market by a mile of crossovers and suv's... and with China's recent money; i simply dont see such a demand drop as people might be going on and on about.
This makes sense if there are no other options for the Chinese but every other luxury car manufacturer who isn't producing/shipping cars from the US will have better pricing than BMW. I don't think Audi, Mercedes, etc... are going to raise their prices as well.

This distributive form of negotiation works great when there's only 2 parties splitting up the pie. Unfortunately this is a much more complex situation where the Chinese will have similar alternatives that will cost less.
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 3