08-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #20
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
I appreciate the feedback!
My mechanic who performed the installation has the car now and will be performing a smoke test to check for boost leaks, so hopefully it sheds some light on things.

On the timing side, I did only have about a gallon of 93 in the tank at the time to facilitate swapping over to E85. I'm wondering if by being so low the fuel might not have been as pure down low (possible tank sediment contamination?) or if the car has some kind of safety measures in place to prevent starvation at low fuel levels. In the future I plan on doing two separate sessions on full tanks for each fuel.

The HPFP values stuck out to me as well as one of the logs from belittle's car with the Spool FX150 HPFP system recorded target pressures of only 2900, much lower than the 3700 my logs were showing. The EU5's are brand new and calibrated via ISTA, so I'm left wondering if the difference could potentially be attributed to not being scaled correctly. If I'm being honest, when I initially let Jordan Tuned know that I planned on using EU5 injectors I received and email stating that they "highly recommended you "DO NOT" use the EU5 injectors(will just create problems/issues). Better to go with Auxiliary Fueling (Port Injection or Methanol Injection)." In hind sight it's making me wonder if their unfamiliarity with them is playing a big part in that regard.

All said, I'm hoping the boost leak can be identified this week, and I've reached out to both HCP and ABP (two tuners KNOWN to have extensive experience with EU5 injectors on this platform) so I'll be moving forward with one of them depending on who's more responsive at this point.
Stay positive and have comfort in knowing you still have plenty room to go regarding your power output on both pump 93 and E85 once you get everything sorted out. Feel free to reach out to us to info@asrkratos.com at any point if you need any further direct support!
Appreciate 2
MJ6963.50