11-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
Schuey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I'll skip over the "why in the World are you EVER driving in D1??" ...

Questions:

(1.) You say it happens in 1st gear - does that mean it's NOT shifting in to 2nd when the surge happens? I know the eco-modes try to get you to 7th as fast as possible ... if it is shifting to 2nd, that's why

(2.) Have you tried this in S1? i.e. all the same eco settings, but in S1 with the same throttle application - does it also happen in in 1st only? what happens when you shift to 2nd?

(3.) Have you tried S1, starting out in 2nd gear? What happens then?

I've got a 2015 that I picked up in 2014 - I'm going to try this as I have a 2018 on the way and it will be interesting to compare ...
Thanks for your feedback, very interesting. Answers to your questions:

1. Yes, the surge happens when it's NOT shifting to second, it happens just before and then half a second later it shifts up to second, very weird.

2. I haven't tried Auto setting in S1, will give that a go and report back. Good idea

3. Will try that also.

Regards to driving in Auto D1, mines a daily driver and unfortunately I sit in traffic quite a bit of the time. So Auto mode in these circumstances makes perfect sense.

On weekends however, spirited drives, then M2 button depressed which is set to manual S2. S3 seems to unsettle the backend sometimes which for UK weather it's not perfect

Thanks.
=======================
2020 BMW S1000RR Sport 207 bhp
Appreciate 0