View Single Post
      05-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #2248
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
The AA Mad Max is unique in that the valve open mode is not in the direct path of the exhaust flow. It's more like "side pipes." It's still the shortest path/least resistance way out, and the sound gets through, but it's not the same as something like Dinan or Remus where the open valve is the most straight through path, and gets interrupted and rerouted through the muffler with the valves closed. In my opinion, this is what you should be looking for. You just need to make sure whatever you pick fits with the AA mid pipe.
How does this play out in real life? Do you have one of these mufflers?

One thing I don't like about the flaps is the way the tone and volume change suddenly when the valves open when the car is cold. It goes from quiet but nice sound to BOOOOOOOOO somewhere near 3K under load, and it sounds f**king ridiculous. I drive most of the time with the throttle in sport mode, which opens the flaps when it wants to. With the flaps commanded fully open with my valve controller, it will BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all the time when cold. Pain in my ass.

I would love to find a muffler that sounds good and flows well with the valves totally closed, giving me the options of just driving it and enjoying like a car without any exhaust flaps or cracking them open when I want them loud.
I have an exhaust controller, but 'closed' = stock flap operation, so I still get the sudden change in tone/volume.
Appreciate 0