View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #381
Justin*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Drove a E60 545i fully loaded spt.pkg and all and by no means I am suggesting that a Kia Optima Hybrid is better then a E60 BMW 545i. Just saying that when it was time to upgrade my E39 525i we went and drove the E60 545i it was more refined but still had that BMW DNA. Fast forward to the time when it was time to replace an E60 545i the new F10 just left me disappointed in terms of driving dynamics as I drove 535i and 550i M-sport. Too much luxury not enough sport.

As for the E60 and Optima no comparison the E60 is dynamically a far superior car. Even F10 is far superior car then Optima. However, F10 lacks excitement that made 5 series of previous generations more fun to drive. Our choice was to replace E60 545i with another BMW and nothing in the lineup really excited us except for a 3 series coupe and we already have it. All the newer generation cars were unexciting. Thus, if the car company that offers the best balance of sports and luxury is even lacking in sports now. Then go for a car that is more practical. The choices are either emotional or sense-able, you go emotional when you love something and if there is nothing you love then go sense-able.

Basically what I am saying is If I am limited to driving a nice expensive bedazzled temperamental appliance. Then I'll pass on the luxury bedazzlement and just buy a cheaper, reliable and easy to maintain appliance over the expensive bedazzled temperamental appliance.

Bottom line is I have never been into ultimate luxury aspects of cars, for me sports takes priority. This is coming from a guy who had a BMW 7 series for 5 years and came back down to a 3 series because BMW driving experience was more pure at the lower level in my opinion and price was not the ultimate reason.
I get you 100% now. I've read the same thing about the F10. I haven't driven one because I'm certainly just wasting the salesman's time at this point. I like the older cars for sure. For me that is what I like to buy. I only buy the newer lower mileage cars for my wife.