halfempty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_umm View Post
Hey all,

This thread has provided alot of really useful information thus far for me. I have just recently purchased a 2016 M3, and living in NJ I am in need of a set of wheels for the winter. I came across a really nice pair online used but not sure if they will fit. This is all a bit new to me and I'm trying to learn as I go.

The specs on the wheels I found for sale are: front wheels are 19/8.5+30 and the rear is 19/9.5+30 5x120 Verde V99 AXIS

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
These will fit just fine.
Check out the calculator from the website below. These folks seem pretty knowledgeable regarding fitment issues.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/ti...et-calculators

After plugging in the size of your wheels compared to stock it appears that the new fronts will have 5mm more inner clearance (5mm further from the suspension components such as the strut), and will retract by 7mm (meaning that the wheel will sit deeper in the wheel well, or more underneath the fender). This is a fit that is pretty close to stock, and that 7mm may not be that perceptible. If it is, and it bothers you, you can always get a wheel spacer to make up the difference.

According to the same calculation the rears will have 16mm more inner clearance, and will extend slightly further out of the wheel well by 3mm. This is an inconsequential amount and will not result in rubbing issues. Consider that many people, including myself, run spacers that extend the wheels out. I run a 10mm spacer in the back with the 666m wheels. No issues whatsoever. Some folks run even larger spacers.

I looked up those wheels. They're quite nice. Congratulations on a great choice.
Appreciate 0