08-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #10
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Speed77 View Post
Hankook RS4 are allegedly better for longer hauls on track than the rest of the 200TW stuff, lots of the Chump car guys I know really like them and from my experience most of the 200TW stuff don't really cycle out until you see cords.

Not sure what size wheel you are running but there is a 275/35/18 Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R (100TW) that I've heard very good things about, granted it was from people at Goodyear haha but they test at my hometrack at PittRace and some of the laps they are throwing down in Corvettes are insane.
One day in with RS4. Beat on them for 6 sessions, look like I just mounted. Not particularly fast out the gate. Might pick up pace after I shed some depth. Good, sharp feedback.

Same here on the 3R. GM stuff putting down stupid fast laps on 3R at my track. Strike me as budget Trofeo minus the Italian manufacturing factor. Tread design even looks Trofeo. Think Goodyear used the Z/28 OE Trofeo as the reference for development. Built on it and applied to ZL1 1LE.

Have yet to see any M guys run 3Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
Edit: I mis-understood regarding the Toyos. I thought you were referring to the R888R but on second look, you were referring to the slicks, RR. That's a good option to explore if it can last a little longer...
E36 M3 guy I run with went from used Conti slicks to R888R. Can't say enough good. These seem very love-hate though, not sure what to make of them.

Appreciate 1
dvas518.00