Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
I'm also interesting in making the ZCP flash. And the reasons are that the ZCP car other DSC coding which should be better on the track...
A bit off topic, ... The most recent BMW software update 58.x introduce improvements to DSC amongst other ECUs to both car variants, read this thread and this thread (post 32 for DSC coding differences)

In order to flash the updates, you either ask the dealer/3rd party to do it, or your do it with the same software we code our cars with. I think maybe there is confusion between flashing BMW OEM software (updates many ECUs) and flashing 3rd party tunes/maps (mostly DME I think).

If a third party company says they offer a ZCP flash, including a HP increase, I'd bet that it is a custom tune for the HP increase, and not using BMWs tune as the latter uses a license key (FSC Enabling code) that is installed into ZCP cars to enable the ZCP software improvements. Whether some company claims they have hacked, cracked, defeated those checks is yet to be validated!

Note 14 in the first post, mentions it will be possible to flash back stock performance map (DME) but no mention of the capability to flash any other ECU (DSC, ICM, EGS, GHAS, ...) which is usually done with Esys (or ISTA/P by dealer).

Last edited by aboulfad; 05-18-2016 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 1