View Single Post
      12-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #49
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I understand fully, and I keep getting questions about everything, I try to keep everything as close as possible to OEM, with our Stage 2+ having added 4PSI boost.

There is many questions, and the question I keep getting is it warranty friendly? Will the dealer see it? At this point it is too early for any tuner to tell if it is or isn't, they are probably trying to find ways of detecting it as much as tuners are trying ways to crack the cars to be flashed. All we can say it does not effect the flash counter and you can return to stock. Is there a 100% safe tune? No, as we all saw even a couple piggyback cars are getting flagged.As far as hardware to flash the cars through OBDII almost all (if not all)use the same hardware/tools to flash the cars and the tooling is what makes it detectable or not.

If you guys are unsure and do not want to risk anything just simply wait for more tunes to post reviews and more feedback out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Alex,
All of us are interested in knowing more about these types of details like what BuLoOoSki requested.

Most of us are not vendors on this forum and the more information we have, the easier it is to make a decision. Lot of us from N54, N55 days never stuck to one tuning house. As progress was made we moved with it. This will be the case with the S55 as well.

There seems to be so much misinformation or contradictory comments between tuning companies since the OBDII option became available, it's been very difficult to get a clear picture.

We all appreciate your posts in years past and the reasonable prices offered as well. Looking forward to more of the same.
Appreciate 0