01-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #185
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
the base price of all cars is always higher in Europe vs the us, partially due to taxes. that is not unique to the m3.

also, I will admit that the pricing isn't out for the m3 in Germany yet. however, every single place that the pricing IS out, nav has been included. in places like the UK and Belgium the cars come standard with 19s, adaptive suspension and leather instead of the cloth/leather

color me surprised if this changes in Germany.
Taxes may be a reason in certain countries, especially if they have luxury taxes or similar taxes. But for example, Switzerland has only 8% taxes (but no luxury taxes), which isn't that much. A good loaded M3 will cost about 120-125k $, which is a lot more than in the US (other countries with higher taxes even more, some of them much more). Don't get me wrong, this isn't the fault of you US citizens, but it is very annoying when we see that BMW surely generates profit even with the US prices, then we can imagine what kind of profit margins they get here with us.

And as another user already wrote, in Germany is neither Navi professional nor leather upholstery or the 19 inch wheels standard.
Appreciate 0