View Single Post
      04-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #36
TheDailyDriven
Co-Founder BMW INVASION
Rep
Drives: 2022 Imola Red II G80 M3

Paint Matched Calipers

A few months ago, I had the idea of getting my calipers repainted after seeing a fellow forum member's F80 at Cars and Coffee. He had his YAS Marina Blue F80's calipers repainted in Pearl Yellow. Don't get me wrong, the OEM brakes are beautiful but I just wanted a slight change.

I had the idea of having my OEM Brake Calipers paint matched to Austin Yellow. I pitched the idea over to the guys at Euromotive Performance of having the brakes done. They were just as excited as I was since we've never seen a paint matched Austin Yellow caliper.

Below are some photos before the painted match calipers.

There are many ways to paint calipers but I wanted this to last. The staff at Euromotive Performance followed Brembo's OEM specifications on the paint process. There's far cheaper ways on changing you brake caliper's color such as using a small paint brush to paint them on or taping up the wheel well and spraying them on the car.

The OEM calipers were sanded down, primed, and painted with Standox paint (OEM Paint) which included Standox clear coat. I had the idea of having the "M" logo in black instead of the OEM silver since it stands out more (High Temperature Stickers). The silver would have blended in with the calipers. As you can see this process needed the shop to take apart the calipers to ensure it was painted correctly and not in the areas where its not needed.

After they placed one of the wheels on the car, I was in awe

I also had the guys at Euromotive Performance paint match my front reflectors. I tried to capture a decent amount of shots from different lighting and angles. As you know BMW paint changes in these various aspects. But let me know what you guys think. I know Austin Yellow is a hit or miss with people, but I love it.

I ended up filming my experience and thought process of having the calipers paint matched below.

Part 1

Part2

YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDailyDriven/featured
Appreciate 1