View Single Post
      12-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 SY M3 DCT, 2020 X7

Discussing which car is better - a subjective measure

Discussing which car is better is a very subjective measure. There are many factors coming into play when searching for the best car. It all depends on what you are going to use it for. I agree that comparing a Ferrari with a BMW does not make sense at all. Comparing a 5 series with a 3 series is of more interest because the cars can do more or less the same (just that the F10 has become a “comfortable pig” and the F30 is still a feather in comparison, I have owned both).

If money is of no issue, you will have several cars to cover different needs. In this case you take the car you feel for there and then. I would certainly place a Ferrari 458 or F430 in my garage if I could afford it… I have driven the F430 spider and know the difference compared with a M3 E92. The M3 is a great machine, but the feel of driving a Ferrari is in a different league.

I hope the new M3/M4 will be so much lighter than the outgoing model that the agility will be improved. In this case most of us, that cannot afford having a Ferrari or Porche 911 (991) in our garage, can enjoy a M3/M4 with great driving dynamics and still bring family/friends with luggage around when needed. This does not mean the M3/M4 will ever be better than a Ferrari 458 or any other Ferrari model, because a Ferrari does what it is built for so amazingly well. Price is no issue in this category mind you.
Appreciate 0