View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #23
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
Did the brake fluid yesterday following your DIY. Thanks a lot!Can I store it in the pressure tank and reuse it later or does the fluid lose its quality once opened and poured out of the original bottle?
happy to help! did you remove the filter? did you just forcefully pry it out or did you use a certain technique?

as far as using the fluid later.... great question but unfortunately i don't know the answer. i know that usually once opened you shouldn't keep it on the shelf indefinitely because (i believe) it can imbibe water from the air and corrupt the fluid. if it's well sealed it may be okay though... but don't take my word for it. there are instruments to measure the water content in the fluid. the stuff (except the highest end stuff) isn't THAT much, so i usually toss the remainder and start with fresh stuff next time. if you plan on burning through a set of pads in a few weekends (causing the fluid to lower dramatically) you could probably close it off and use it top up the fluid at that time. that's just me trying to use logic and no real data, though. sorry i don't have a better answer!

Appreciate 1