Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW2315 View Post
Tom - just curious. Let's just hypothetically say I was able to physically bring my car to your shop for you to install the tune (assuming your shop was an official BM3 shop). After digesting everything that I have told you in this thread, could your shop do anything different to make this tune install? Or your results would be the same as mine since ProTuningFreaks has determined they simply haven't encountered the latest DME software in my car yet??

Local to me is a shop that is a BM3 shop that I could bring my car to but I am guessing they'll have no luck as well.
If the software version on the vehicle doesn't match the server - the activation key won't be accepted. If you were already speaking with support, something was possibly overridden on their end during troubleshooting.

We see tons of M3/M4s in day in and day out and have often come across non-matching software when the new models were released or updated. Usually a quick notify to PTF gets things up and running in no time and we can get back to flashing.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0