secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine235 View Post
When arrived at export port, what is the maximum time the car will sit at the exit port? I understood it would be about 2 days? Also, has anyone dealt wtih damage to your BMW? And how would you find that out? Even if it was very small damage? Conserned of the quality of work at the receiving port on the US side not equivalent to the quality in Germany. How could a car be compromised with damage?
The car needs to pass through customs first then it'll sit at the VPC anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Our last car had wheel damage as we drove it around during our European Delivery and it was replaced and the car was in showroom/factory condition when we took delivery!

I would not worry about the quality of VPC repairing the car because they literally are a mini BMW factory of sorts - every car they have repaired has been brought back up to original spec before it goes to the dealer. That being said, both of our cars have been on boats so it's common to see it be damaged during transit and that's okay! It will go back to original condition when it comes to you!

My car just landed at the port earlier today in Baltimore, did yours too?
Appreciate 0