View Single Post
      12-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #66
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Just for giggles, I'm someone looking at a replacement for my 5.0 v8 e39 m5. I like the size of this car, but I'm looking for something I can joyfully track 2-3x a year and drive it from the track on a 500 mile road trip. 15,000 miles a year on total. I have 2 other vehicles, so while 4 doors is nice it's not a necessity.

I am totally willing to cross-shop another RWD, 6-speed manual, 400+ hp ~3600 pound vehicle against the m3. I don't require a german badge on my car to think it's an excellent performer, or that it's interior is nice enough for me.

Also, while I won't cross shop a $65k m3 with a $100k 911, I WILL cross-shop a $65k m3 with a similar performing $35k car.
Bingo! Honesty. That's what I'd like to see. Not badge whores that have no idea why they buy a particular car over and over. The new mustang is awesome. But it's not for me based on the proclivities I mentioned above. Still, I'm not going to post here with nonsense like 'bmws r gud in da corners'.

Ford, and Chevrolet, have engineered brilliant cars, for a lot less money than a BMW. But I will continue to go BMW because I'm a creature of habit. Not because 'American cars are gud in straight, not gud in corner.' Which is absolute bullshit today.
Appreciate 0