View Single Post
      02-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The fact is that there are umpteen threads about steering. Another completely useless thread wasn't necessary. It would've been better served to search for one of the other threads and comment there. I went straight from a hydraulic ///M to and EPS 335i. The steering in the F-Series is fine; lighter when I want lighter, heavy and nicely weighted when I want heavy. The platitudes are tiresome.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. There aren't tens of threads on steering. There are on wheels and colors and all that cosmetic stuff, but not steering. There may be specific "pages or posts" in some of those 15-20 page threads which to me does nothing more than confuse people. I may have overlooked the 2 sentence interview response someone quoted on the 3rd or 4th post here which clarified things for me, but I don't think there are many threads about this.

Also, the steering wasn't necessarily light. It was just weird, wrong. I drove a lot of american cars with "light" steering wheels. This wasn't like that. It's almost as if it was too sensitive, you don't want that (or at least I don't). It's like using a mouse that is at maximum sensitivity. I don't know how else to explain it. I honestly cannot see anyone who owns the current generation M3 liking the 335's steering.

I guess we can just say each his own. Anyways, the thread has served its purpose, I heard what I needed to hear. Let's hope they have done a good job with the steering as they say they did.
Appreciate 0