View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #193
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
BMW really does a shit job designing their sedans. The E90 is a poor comparison to the E92 and once again, the F80 is quite a bit less attractive than the F82. No, rear wide fenders that extrude like that does not make the car look good, it makes it look like performance was an afterthought.

Compare this to the C63 AMG which is still just leaps and bounds better looking than the E90/F80.

The same problem is cursing the F10 M5 although we at least have the M6 Grand Coupe which is CLEARLY miles better looking than the M5.

I can't put my finger on what it is about these designs that are so bad, it is something to do with the roofline I think. The way they have these huge ugly black b-pillars just looks so Hyundaish, so pedestrian. They could really learn a lot from Audi and Mercedes in this regard.
Wow...didn't notice it before but you're right. The pillar area is about 1/4 the size of the window...its ugly as crap. Anyway...I've always been on the stance that if I wanted a 4 door it would be a C63 over the m3. This also applies to e9x...
Appreciate 0