View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
lime_me_up
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 - 6MT - Black Sapphire

Ceramic Coating in the Bay Area

Hi All,

With the new year, I think some new upgrades are in store for the baby. I wanted to see if anyone had their car's ceramic coated within the Bay Area that they recommend for.

If you can let me know the name of the shop, location and what brand coating they use.

With a couple shops I requested quotes from, I received a price of $2,500 for a CQuartz finest reserve.

The MINIMUM I'm looking to do is the CQuartz or of something equal and not debating on the PPF. What are people thoughts and opinions with the paint corrections and ceramic coating. Haven't ceramic coated any of my cars before but hear love stories about the product (ease on maintenance and provide great aesthetics).

Quotes received from OCDetailing and Stealth Labs, BTW.

As ANOTHER layer, they also quoted PPF by Suntek Ultra Paint Protection Film, our front end package covers:
-Full Hood
-Full Fenders
-Full Front Bumper
-Headilights
-Fog Lights
-Mirrors
-Door cups
This is $3195 installed with all edges possible wrapped and includes the coating application on the film as well.

I received another quote for PPF with the XPEL product with a full front end + A pillars + Rocker panels. This would be $2,600. Paint correction ranged between $350-750 pending color.

They also suggested film on the hood, fenders, a pillars, side mirrors, front bumper and quarter panels would be $4,400 or at that price point they would recommend the entire vehicle for $6,000. This seems a little overkill in my opinion and looking at the $2,600 option.