View Single Post
      01-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #10
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotrod View Post
I like the Cquartz products, and bought the entire detailing kit before applying Cquartz 3.0. It took all day, with 2 other buddies. Difficult, no but it did require good lighting to see where you needed to wipe off the excess.

There are many ceramic products out there, but the one thing most products require: an annual top coat for your warranty. So, on top of your $2000+ ceramic coat, you need to bring back to detailer every year for a detail/top coat.

Washing is great, beads off and makes washing car really easy, especially with a lawn blower. Bad thing is you can still get swirls if you are not washing properly and without a top coat the coating gloss gets dull.

I love the Ceramic Pro on my car, and it works great, but personally I think the annual warranty aspect is a scam. I was 2 days late getting an 'annual top up' and the warranty was declared void. "Computer says no"

I can't imagine a single thing that you'd be able to claim for that isn't excluded as 'user error'. .. e.g. even things like water marks, bird poop are the users responsibility to clean off before any damage happens.

Also, consider that having a ceramic coating makes is more awkward to get your car washed/detailed by people. They can't use the wax/products they would normally use due to smearing. This is great if you're the sort of wierdo that likes to wash their own car every weekend .. but that's really not me.
Appreciate 0