View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
kyle95
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
AMG's tend to be more about German muscle than sports sedans that BMW have typically been in the past, however these days that seems to be changing especially in the E63S (which seems more like an M than the M5). Either way, don't go in expecting it to be zippy and nimble like the F8X, like FormulaMMM said its very close to E39 type of car, most of this of course is due to the fantastic V8 over the front end. It will weight more than an F8X, and it does ride firmly like the F8X but it is still a fun car, and the exhaust provides a lot of theater, and the MCT is very snappy (at times a bit clunky in town like other DCT's though) but overall a different experience from the M3 that you may have to adjust your expectations to.

I was looking forward to the new M3, however of course looks killed that, and then the loss of a DCT, the weight gain (C63 is only 30lbs more, and C63S only 10lbs more (compared to comp) coupe is weirdly heavier (possibly due to bracing?)) really just made me lose excitement, and after driving the X3M, I'm not very interested in the S58 engine.

As for aspects I can tell you OP, the interior is very nice. My wife has a GLC 300 which shares the interior of the C, and its a nice cabin. Some people have complained of creaking however I have only found that present if you put direct pressure on the trim pieces which my wife and I never do (of course YMMV). The C-Class doesn't have MBUX but rather the older COMMAND system which is just okay, but with Apple Carplay, I rarely interact with it outside of ambient lighting and drive modes. The digital gauge cluster is very nice and extremely customizable (with traditional gauges and even a center tach).

With the C63 possibly losing its V8, now may be the best time to buy one, hell, it may even hold its value better.

If you are looking for something closer to your F8X I advise you check out the Giulia QF (though reliability concerns may cause you to look away) as well as wait for the upcoming Blackwing products from Cadillac.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for the insight ! I greatly appreciate it. I was so looking forward to the g8x but the front is killing me lol. Also the fact that it was retaining the manual. But i love a nice big v8 lol. I left my f80 and got back into a e9x. I def. would love to try the merc , probably would be looking at 2018 but I really like the update in the 2019
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00