h_bakken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 (E93) Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 786 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bakken View Post
When I wash it I'm amazed at how detailed of a job they do. There's even a little circular piece on the plug for the front tow hook. There a separate pieces for the black and painted part of the mirror housing etc. Each piece must be die cut to size and shape I'm thinking.

I to have the BMW stuff. It's very expensive but you only use one capful for a wash, I think about 2 ounces for about 2 1/2 gallons of water.. I wash the car about every 3 to 4 weeks so it should last a while. It's not a daily driver so it's protected in the garage when it's not out on the road.
Good to know, im gonna text him today to figure out all the costs for the Xpel Stealth and ill post them here for everyone's information.

Ya, figured the BMW matte shampoo would be a good place to start. Do you have to dry the car immediately with a microfiber towel? I usually do this then go for a quick highway blast to air dry anything missed. Any remaining water spots shouldn't etch into the paint right?

Mine isn't a dd either and lives in the garage weekdays so I'm not worried about bird poop, bugs etc.
Yeah drying is always a pain. I have a two towel method that I use, because our water out here is really hard even though it runs through the water softener.

I'm a bit of a nut about car detailing and admittedly this does take a while but I dry with two towels, one of which takes off the majority of the water and I ring that out kind of using it like a chamois, and then a second towel which does the final drying. This towel hardly gets wet at all. But that's the only way to do it to avoid the haze that you get when using a chamois that doesn't take every bit of water off.

Either thick microfiber towels or there are actual designated drying towels available, either one is fine IMO.

Then I dry all the areas were water gets stuck like The door sills and the area around the trunk lid when you open it.

Then a quick blast on the highway to get all the hidden water off and then come back and use a dilute vinegar solution to moisten a clean microfiber cloth followed by a wipe with a dry microfiber.

this will wipe hard water spots right off, as there are always a few hidden areas that you can't get to with a towel dry. Some people use a leaf blower although I've never done it.

Thanks for posting back about the cost of the paint protection film. I'm curious.
Appreciate 1