View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #14
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad Racing View Post
LOL, your critical response would be more appreciated if you read my post and was accurate. My post was in response to a person asking for driver's experiences, not inaccurate criticism. Nowhere did I mention a convertible because I don't have one. 19" square to allow tire rotation. I've "learned" from reading constructive posts and tracking my car, that when tracking a car, and not a street poser, you're going to go through tires and brakes. Yes, I'm new to all this. Moving to a square set up allows for rotation and extending life. IE: "save money." The OEM set up of 19's, and 20's don't allow for that or maybe you didn't think of that? Hmmm... And, why not burn up the OEM tires? Or, should I have pulled those, stacked in a corner, and bought track tires? LOL My F80 is a toy, not a DD.

Best of luck with your streetcars and armchair quarterbacking. I see your photo, it looks like a nice stable of streetcars. Be sure to keep them polished and parked out front for all your neighbors to see and be impressed by. Different strokes for different folks. No harm no foul.
They were poking fun at your story a little bit I think. You put down an F83, which is the convertible F8x, I think that was a simple typo.

18" square is going to be the best setup if tire cost is your concern. 18x10 works well, I'm crossing my fingers 18x11 fits on all 4 corners with just some fender-liner shaping. We've got a thread where we beat to death the question of a dedicated set of wheels.

A lot of the people posting above you seem quite competent and learned regarding lapping cars, not much in the way of posers here.

Pick up some track pads and maybe some brake ducting. Sounds like you're sitting a little above my GTS on power, braking in to T4 is going to be brutal on OEM pads. I was sitting around 150-155mph -> 80mph and braking at the 300y marker I believe, standing on the pedal.

Yes, T4 and T11 are brutal right-handers, and HPR is known for eating the LF tire, but camber plates and a proper alignment really help. Also, don't just plow up T11, try a few different lines to straighten it out. On the F82 I was apexing very late, trail braking deep into the corner and once I could kind of point the car at T12, I hammered the throttle. Slide all the way out to the curbing on the left side run-off area, kind of throw away T12, just carry as much speed as possible for that short straight between T12 and T13.

Anywho, hope to see you out at HPR. AFAIK I'm the only GTS in the area that goes to HPR, if you see one swing by and say hey. I'll likely always have my white X5 + a white 20' trailer there with some snacks, chairs, and stuff if you want to get out of the sun and compare notes. I'm no pro at the F8x platform, but I know HPR very well and it could be fun to compare experiences.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00