03-25-2024, 01:30 PM   #9
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. Going into my BMW M4 I was already like "It's gonna have issues because it's a BMW" but in reality it's the car with the least number of issues I've owned so far. My last 2 Japanese cars were "endless money pits".

Maintenance isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. The only thing different than servicing a Toyota Camry or the like is 1 more extra intake filter and spark plugs every 30K miles instead of 5 years/60k mile, and a rear diff fluid change every so often.

Using BMW LL01 oil, the official intervals are longer. From 5K/6months to 10K miles/1 year. The oil isn't significantly more expensive either. Rather if that's recommended or not is a whole other ordeal.

yeah man agreed my f8x has been super reliable. but again rarely do camrys need a valve cover replaced. but for what the f8x is, i am absolutely shocked how reliable it is and very thankful. now also the gaskets leaking is going to happen, my oil pan is starting to seep, so again BMW problems

now tell that to my n52 e90. the engine leaks oil like clockwork from the gaskets, the window regulators, and steering lock failure (stuck in a underground parking garage ) or just recently needing oil and the hood latch is broken, type shit infuriates me. but the e90 is quite the package and still love driving it, dare i say more than the f8x. its just exactly what a bmw should be. feel so connected and the n52 is butter smooth.

wasn't perpetuating the stereotype, but every Japanese car i have owned has gone 200k miles with just brakes and oil.
Appreciate 0