View Single Post
      12-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Thanks "encyclopedia" South! This is a phenomenal time!

I'm very curious - are you personally as excited about the new M3/4 as the prior generation?

The official 21.9 second time quoted by BMW is downright amazing. That offers further evidence to me that the S55 is in fact underrated closer to 25-35 hp rather than 15-25. The other interesting point is that I believe the 21.9 seconds is much closer to an absolutely best possible run whereas we know on most other performance metrics BMW is extremely conservative. I bet that particular run had a 0-60 closer to 3.6 than to 3.9...
Def quick…just a little slower than the 991S and C7 Vette which by all means are extremely fast cars especially seeing as most have the 991S faster in straights (most recent C&D had them both trapping 116 and 991S faster to 150 mph and faster 100-150 mph, in line with other tests).

I am better the M3/4 are underrated by 30-40 hp to be getting close to what the 911/Vette are though I know track times it will be well off their pace.

At the same time, lets see what it actually runs rather than these "in a perfect world" scenario, because we know those never exist and all that does matter is what it actually does when it does it. I wonder how the new longer gearing will affect the car.
Appreciate 0