View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #3
chuss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
So I have 56k miles on an 2018 F82 M4. I still have CPO warranty. Car is completely stock, street driven with occasional spirited driving.

Before my last oil change, I periodically measure the oil level and it usually reads right at max. It reads 1/4 to max and I'm about 1500 miles away from a scheduled oil change. So I'm thinking I might have a leak somewhere or consumption problem?

Scheduled oil change comes up, I take it to dealership for an oil change and ask the dealer to check if there are any oil leaks. They report back no leaks, and I also ask for an oil sample, which I sent to blackstone (it'll be my first sample, sent it in a few days ago).

I've measured the oil frequently the past week I've had the car back to monitor it and got it at max until today. I've driven ~350 miles and it's 3/4 to the max line. So looks like I've burned 250 mL of oil in 350 miles.

Is it consuming oil? 250 mL after 350 miles seems a bit much. What should I do or check next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
So I have 56k miles on an 2018 F82 M4. I still have CPO warranty. Car is completely stock, street driven with occasional spirited driving.

Before my last oil change, I periodically measure the oil level and it usually reads right at max. It reads 1/4 to max and I'm about 1500 miles away from a scheduled oil change. So I'm thinking I might have a leak somewhere or consumption problem?

Scheduled oil change comes up, I take it to dealership for an oil change and ask the dealer to check if there are any oil leaks. They report back no leaks, and I also ask for an oil sample, which I sent to blackstone (it'll be my first sample, sent it in a few days ago).

I've measured the oil frequently the past week I've had the car back to monitor it and got it at max until today. I've driven ~350 miles and it's 3/4 to the max line. So looks like I've burned 250 mL of oil in 350 miles.

Is it consuming oil? 250 mL after 350 miles seems a bit much. What should I do or check next?

Have them check the valve cover gasket as well as the oil housing gasket I'm at 91k and boy it should of been done at 65k or beforehand. I just didn't pay attention thinking I was covered by the CPO w and once it was over boy did the problems start so make sure you get everything checked out before it ends. Just my two cents . What was the issue?
Appreciate 1