View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 01:04 AM   #24
Twistm4
I Drag Race My Track Car
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Testing so far is interesting....

Almost immediately short term fuel trims jumped quite a bit indicating more air (or skewed air mass readings) however it could be the car was on too much ignite. I noticed cutting out in third gear then put more 93 in and it stopped. However the original percentage was one I ran a lot on the stock intakes without issues.

The car seems to have lost a hint of torque and response, for exchange of any top end power? Doesn't feel like it.

I need to do more dragy tests. I have an abundance of 60-130s from before to compare to.

Ironically lately it has been pulling boost down in 5th gear back to stock levels for some reason (STFT too high?). It is not related to IATS. It did this before with the injen intakes but didn't seem to happen on the oem intakes which I find very interesting. This could be coincidence of too much E content but I will try to find out.

I built heat shields around the intakes and retained lower airboxes to help combat heat. IATS really aren't that bad at all. Cruising in boost it is 13-17* over ambient and idling and sitting in city traffic is 20-30* over. However turning the car off hot then starting back up and driving iats jump a bit more than stock did, but come down after some driving.