cwazy1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownline266 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazy1 View Post
Just a PSA for all those purchasing a pre-owned vehicle from a dealer, whether it be CPO or a used car on the lot, in the MY2017 and newer.

The maintenance refresh is for 3y,36k from the in service date. When purchasing a used car, there are 2 options for refresh.

301 - SH Refresh
302 - MP

The 301 - SH Refresh is $100 MSRP, and it gives you basic maintenance like oil changes, filters, etc.

The 302 - MP is an additional $600 MSRP and it increases maintenance coverage to include brakes, rotors, and wipers.

Some dealers who don't have lots of experience will sell you the 301 for more money and tell you that it includes everything. Its also not safe to assume that if you tell them you want the '700$ refresh' that they will give you both.

I'm dealing with a regional dealer right now because when I bought the car, I told them I want the full refresh at $700. So they decided to sell me the 301 refresh @ $700 and profit $600.

Don't be like me and have to deal with this shit afterwards. If you want basic refresh, pay the $100. If you want brakes, rotors and wipers, pay the $700
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2015 BMW with around 39,000 miles from an individual. He had purchased the extended maintenance plan. The dealer has mentioned this $700 fee to transfer that will give me coverage for 100,000 miles or until May of 2021. The dealer mentioned it needing brakes, so we WILL be using the more expensive plan. How do I make sure I get what I'm needing? What is this plan called? This is all new to me, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
Request in writing when paying for the transfer than it shows the SH and MP.
Appreciate 0