10-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #31
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
Anyone concerned with ordering the first year m3 and missing out on features?? Id be pissed if i had bought a 2008 e90 new then in 09 lci and better navi.

I never buy new cars but the wife wants to travel to euro and a turbo m3 is the only way my ass is traveling that far.

Biggest concern is first yr will be the ugly duck, second yr holds more value bc it looks better and could be improved in other ways.
As an owner of an 08 E90, I was a little peeved at first but doesn't bother me too much. I wanted the car and got it, like GOLFRRR says there will always be something else. They pay release a comp pack down the road, don't expect that to be a huge difference and will certainly add to the cost. I also expect BMW to release non-stop "limited" edition versions with special paint/trim, possibly a CSL/GTS/etc variant (hopefully we actually get it here.)

Final point on value - at this point (5-6 years old) no appreciable difference between and 08 and 09 in terms of value beyond the normal difference being one model year older. Among the enthusiast crowd maybe, but for a general sale/trade nobody cares.