View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #28
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

Fusso Coat. Nope its not a coating. Its Wax, well actually a sealant. There is a learning curve to applying it, but it does pretty much what a coating would do. And I can top it off no my own. It lasts about a year. I like detailing my car so that works out.I top it off before winter.

The main thing is the hydrophibicity. Id say it gives ceramic coating a run for their money, also last about 12 months. Cat get it in US, so have to order online, but its under $40.

I honestly dont see the value in ceramic coating. Its no magical beast that puts an armor on your car, it just makes it easier to clean. Essentially like any wax/sealant. Plus with Waxes/Sealants I have the ability to quickly corset any small imperfections. With a coating its an ordeal.

I do my own paint correction, so I enjoy the flexibility. Also its the precaution that you take while washing that makes the most difference. If you run your car through a car wash it will scratch it up coated or not.

Most of the cost seems to be associated with the actual correction, which makes sense. But paying thousands for a layer that offers marginally better longevity (dont forget you need to top off coatings too) that a traditional wax, no thanks!

I am happy to spend 45 mins extra each year to top off my Fusso Coat
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0