08-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #944
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post
Do you feel the difference mainly for DCT transmission? I've got a 2015 6spd and wondering if it's worth taking my car to the dealership and having them update it.
I had a whole new transmission in my 2016 LCI and they did a full iStep update for every component of the car. The DCT I can't comment on as it was a new box...but the damping and particularly the traction control and the way the car feels when you drive "on it" has changed. It used to be very on-off and once traction was broken the TC was brutal. It also would want to kick out in a straight line under WOT.

Now, with the updates it spins a little when using WOT but tracks straight, feels predictable and moved around as you would expect when you're "on it". I don't feel like I'm fighting the car or waiting for it to step out anymore.

This coming from a 1M and an E90 M3 both of which had more steering feel and didn't feel as edgey as the F80. Now I trust the car I'm enjoying much more.

Dealers here usually charge $200 AUD to do the full update as it takes a few hours. Just make sure you have warranty of some sort as they warned me if a module fails during an update they won't be replacing it.
Appreciate 0