View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #1014
Lost in München
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulina View Post
I recently fitted Milltek EL system on my non OPF M2C with stock downpipes and stock secondary cat. I do like the tone of the EL system but it's just bit too raspy for my taste. I have talked to Milltek about the raspiness, and apparently that is not the feedback they have heard. They reckon due to space restraints, it wouldn't be able to get 2 separate silencers on m2. Any suggestions
Here is a drive by video I shot
https://youtu.be/LpfDmNDuqXM
I have also contacted MIlttek about this.

Greetings, i would like to inform you that hearing your equal length exhaust through few clips that are available now on the web i am not very pleased with the sound.
As you are only manufacturer in europe that tried this concept, i am very dissapointed
I don't know why your R&D team didn't decide to merge pipes after equaling lenghts, because that is the trick that makes it sound better and like an inline 6.
Video you made for m4 sounds decent, but still has that buzzines.

And this video is just terrible, makes no benefits of equal lenght audible.

Probably you don't plan another try at this, but alot costumers will probably pass on this sistem, which is sad as you were the first one, especially in europe.

This was response:

The feedback we have received following the release of the Equal length systems has been overwhelmingly positive. Our R&D team put a lot of hours into the redevelopment and tried numerous designs, the final product released was the best design in their opinion for flow and an improvement on sound from the S55 engine and every customer so far has agreed.

Best of luck with your search.

For now it there are no options for Euro (opf) M2C.
I have contacted Remus, but no response.
I really doubt that Akrapovic will make something like this, so for european customers it seems that custom is the only way.
Appreciate 0