ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
Is TGM planning to offer the V3?

(BTW, thanks again for contributing to this effort. You’re the real MVP for supplying the test mule.)
No, this is just a custom job for me. It's extremely tight, has no valve, and really isn't optimized for power. The extra bends and passing through the muffler don't help. It's just for tone.

For some back story, the only reason V3 happened was because as amazing as the production system is, I missed my single exit (for real, judge away ). I was going to fill in the other side of the diffuser and try to make a valved single exit. TGM did everything they could to push the merge more towards the front of the car, but in the end, I had a decision to make. Due to the packaging limitations, my options were:

- A valved single exit that sounded just like TGM system (pointless).

- A dual exit that was valved but basically the same as production system and less efficient (also pointless).

- Remake V2 all over again (also pointless)

- Make a dual exit version of V2 and play with the muffler/resonator sizes

The last option made the most sense to try something new, and would be easiest to sell later on, so I just decided to go with that. But in my opinion this has limited appeal, since it doesn't have a valve, isn't very efficient, and the tolerances for the rear section would be too tight for TGM to execute on a production level. I also need to play around with the muffler/resonator sizes still to fine tune the tone a bit, but the meat and potatoes are there .