View Single Post
      09-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #113
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsm.m4 View Post
All of this sounds great that BMW is apparently trying to salvage the sale. But in my opinion, I would still turn it in. If you can completely walk away, without having to buy another BMW on the spot, do it. If you're forced to buy another BMW then that's going to be difficult given your shortlist of requirements.

There's a lot that may never happen to the car but there's way too many unknowns here. The fact that there's zero documentation of this car while it was under BMW ownership is basically a black hole. This car is a wild card and you don't know what you're in for in another 20, 30, 40K miles. Yes - same can be said for any car. But this is different - it's been driven very aggressively and has 0 documentation. No break-in. Just beat on for 10K miles.

I see you're also stuck with a third party warranty. Those are basically worthless. Unless BMW is willing to provide a warranty (doesn't have to be CPO) I wouldn't touch this car.

I would park this car and don't agree to anymore repairs, concessions, etc. as the more you do, the more they'll likely say you're stuck with it.
BMW does not sell cars to people in the US. Dealers do. Don't blame BMW here. Dealers are independent organizations. His beef is with the dealer, not BMW.
Appreciate 0