10-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #119
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNotSure View Post
To update: I have been very firm with BMW NA about unwinding the deal and returning the car. Their highest-echelon customer service rep finally got back to me a couple weeks later and told me that after an internal investigation they decided they won't unwind the deal at this time seeing as adequate disclosure was made (i.e. I signed the form saying "driving program").

What really blew my mind is that when I was pleading my case to him and explaining that to me "driving program" didn't equal "track school beater", he also started singing the same song as the dealership director--he told me that "driving program" doesn't necessarily mean it was used at the performance driving school and they don't have the means to confirm whether it was ever used at the track .

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here because clearly it's a track car not only due to the whole pen thing but my local dealership (BMW of Santa Barbara) reached out to the driving school at Thermal and confirmed it was a track car when I asked them to see if it was maintained properly. I just can't believe BMW NA would give me the runaround like that, at least be straight with me at this point. At the end, the rep did say they will go over and review my case again.

My attorney has said that the best route to go is a lemon law claim so that's what I'll be trying if the review doesn't go my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the mechanical issues:

The misfires seem to have disappeared after replacing all the plugs/coils but it still has the vibration in the whole car but most noticeably in the steering wheel under high engine load. It only happens in a certain RPM range (~3.5k-5.5k) in gears 3 and up, especially noticeable going uphill. It's not a wheel balance issue since it's not road speed dependent. Here's a few threads on it if anyone's interested:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1367135
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1409452
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1370460

My local service department called it normal behavior but still had the BMW regional field engineer test drive it....and he agreed. Seems like that happened to a couple other people in the above threads but a few others got their diffs and/or driveshafts replaced so it seems BMW isn't too consistent with its definition of normal behavior. Would honestly be a relief to hear from some others here if they feel something similar and maybe it is normal
Read all of your posts--if it was me in the same, current predicament that you are in, I would have tried to return the car also. What a freaking headache man. If BMW NA and the dealership told me to kick rocks like they did--for damn sure, I'm spending money on a lawyer to sue the hell out of them. Get all the documents you can about the car being at that track school, annotate all conversations (Date, time) and what was said on a document to reference.

No way in hell am I gonna just lay down and take it without a fight. You deserve better, especially for FULL PRICE. Good luck and keep us updated.
Appreciate 0