View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #21
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I sold my 2015 F80 back in October or so within two weeks on Autotrader. It had a lot of high quality parts on it however and miles weren't terrible (62kish or so). I also had it priced very competitively so it went quick.

If you list on Autotrader however, get prepared for a ton of degenerates attempting to scam you. My advice would be to not respond to people right away. If they really want the car, they'll follow up again. The scammers will move on. I utilized this approach on Autotrader and it worked well. I also posted on this site, but got a ton of low ballers who wanted me to "do them a favor" and knock money off what was already a low price. Pretty annoying but is what it is.

Good luck, but better to just keep that beauty!
This is exactly why people willingly "take thousands less by trading in." There is so much headache trying to sell your car personally. The scammers, low ballers, heart-string pullers, etc. Then, after answering the same freakinig questions for each prospective buyer 500 times, you "make a deal" a couple of times because the "I'm definitely buying this, bro" guy backs out when you're supposed to meet up. Then, you're still stressed while waiting for the funds to clear, and hoping for the next week that they aren't magically reversed. It's a game of risk tolerance and patience. You are rewarded for it, for sure, but there is a cost.