View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #84
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Been a while since I've looked at the M4 GTS inventory across the nation. Interesting to see prices trending up a bit.

The ToyBarn car with the MCS coilovers is interesting. I don't know enough to visually differentiate MCS setups based on the remote reservoir, but that's potentially a $6k-$8k setup with camber plates(assuming it has them still installed). Car was obviously someone's track toy. If you're looking for a track car that could be a real strong start. I'd try to get that car for $70k with the expectation that you're chucking $8k at aftermarket brakes OR just swap to some M2C rotors and run the OEM calipers for cheap. There's a chance the CCBs are mint, and the car ran on an aftermarket BBK with the CCBs collecting dust on a shelf.

The San Rafael BMW car missing the front splitter + knowledge of it coming in on slicks, same curiosity re: the CCBs. Secret Chimp you are in the right ballpark for your expectation in regards to the CCBs + splitter assembly. The factory oil cooler resides behind the splitter, if it was damaged the car wasn't driving away. Besides the CCBs, you could always take a peek at the knuckles to see if either of the clamps at the bottom holding the strut cracked. Just like the ToyBarn car, it was clearly tracked by someone who didn't bother to revert it to stock. Lowball, set aside some saved cash to replace missing/broken stuff, and track the hell out of it yourself.

This got long. I wouldn't touch either of those cars if you're searching for a garage queen/street car. Looks like there are a few samples in the $85k-$90k range, just snag one of those, extend the factory warranty, and have peace of mind for a few years. But if you're looking for something that'll see a lot of track mileage per year, a $70k GTS would be a great start.
Appreciate 0