Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I'm probably going to go with a Helix V Twelve paired with Audison speakers. Heard good things about Match as well.
Do you plan to run additional wires to take advantage of the additional channels (for separate tweeters or mid ranges I presume)? If not, you might want to stick with the 10DSP - same capability, much easier install and cheaper amp (they are both made by the same company so same architecture and software).
Thanks for this. I might do just that since I won't be needing the additional channels.

I was thinking of running Audison speakers. I don't like the sound signature of Focal.

Any other speakers come to mind that is plug and play?
Well, some will say you don't need to use all of the channels in a HK equipped car for good sound and would recommend using the 7BMW/7DSP 7-channel amp. I am not a fan of this option since I want to use all of the available channels in the car. Sound setups and preferences are like ice cream - there are so many good flavors out there.

Some will also say that if you are going to upgrade the amp to a quality one, just keep the stock speakers - and I believe there may be some truth to that. However, in my case, I already upgraded the speakers first (Alpha One's by BimmerTech - which was a good sound improvement IMHO) and I don't have any desire to take them out. If you add in the underseat woofers, the color combinations grow even more .

After researching a bit, in particular different F30/F80 setups on the forums, what I think will work for me (in addition to the Alpha Ones I already have) is the addition of the 10DSP amp and Earthquake underseat woofers (2 ohm version).

The only real catch I see with my setup goals are that there are not many 10DSP amp tuning file options available for our cars compared to the 7DSP/7BMW (the 10DSP is fairly new). Not a big issue for me because I am confident the "generic" tune file for the 10DSP in our cars will still sound better than the stock amp, and I don't mind "tweaking" the tune file myself with the tuning software as I play and learn - and I still may get the system professionally tuned as well.

Just like for our engine (I believe you run BM3 CustomROM like me ), the audio tuning flexibility, including storing multiple audio tune files, looks really good with this Audiotec amp hardware and the DIY gadget guy in me likes that .
Yes! Thanks for the explanation.

I am pricing out everything and it's roughly 4K for parts alone. The price is similar to something provided by Integral Audio, but Integral comes with a custom box and a Scanspeak sub in the trunk.

- Match or Helix amp and DSP ($1200-$2000)

- Helix SDMI25 ($500)

- Audison speakers (tweeters, mid, center, 2x ghost woofers) ($1500)

So many options
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0