09-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #357
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
What are my unsubstantiated claims?

- Inferior sound? Easily the majority opinion, plus BMW didn't pipe in fake sound to cover the awesome real sounds up. Oh, and MOST reviewers agree. Also, I HAVE heard the exhaust, in person. 370z.
- Lag? Again, BMW didn't build an anti-lag mode because one wasn't needed. Also again, lag is often mentioned in reviews. I haven't seen ANY review or claim by anyone that the throttle response is superior or equal to the S65; thus by definition it is a step backward.
It doesn't have inferior sound. But your original post was factually incorrect. The piped in sound isn't to cover up a "crappy sound", it's to enhance the induction sound to aid in allowing the driver knowing when to shift through sound alone. We can argue all day about the sound and get no where, many former E9X owners love the sound of the F8X and have commented that it's actually louder than the E9X in stock form.

As for lag, the fact that this car has anti-lag isn't a step backward, it's a step forward. Find me another production turbo car that has this feature. Sure lag is a tradeoff (very minimal at that and even less at the track) but you what you gain is a ton of torque.

All cars have tradeoffs. You seem to let the few negative (IMO, almost nonexistent) attributes of the F8X to completely overshadow how much of a leap forward it is as a total package.

But this thread isn't another F8X vs E9X thread (it's amazing how some people can turn any thread into this stupid debate), it's about one amazing car vs another amazing car.
Appreciate 0