02-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #129
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnStar View Post
That's very short sighted of you. Everyone knows that dealers serve an important function. In fact I came across this post awhile back, from an unknown poster, who should get full credit for it, which should clear up any illusions anyone may have on the subject.

"Anybody who has ever walked into a car dealership knows that they are all about protecting the consumer. The undercarriage rustproofing, the delivery charge, the preparation charge, the unspecified add-ons, the extra special coat of wax, these have no purpose other than protecting the consumer. And these ungrateful buyers would prefer to deal directly with the maker!
Ever since this (obviously biased) survey that showed American public hated the car buying experience even more than a root canal, the poor dealerships have been subject to an unjust smear campaign.
I went for a test drive of the Model S last week, and it was really pathetic. They were ready when I arrived, nobody tried to use my first name more than three times in the same sentence, we went straight to the car and drove off after a quick explanation of the controls. No small talk, no attempt to find out my budget or when I was planning to buy, it was like they were not interested in me. After we got back to the showroom, I did not get any special offer, just for today because I was such a great fit for the car. In fact they did not even try to sell me one that day. The demo person did not go check with her manager to make me a rock bottom offer. They answered all my questions, but acted like I could make a decision by myself, on my own time, without their help or pressure.
It's obvious these guys don't know how to sell cars, they really need dealerships to help them and help the consumers."

Now back to topic...
This is hands down the most ridiculous post I've ever read on these forums. I hope you're joking.

Nobody tried to use your name more than 3 times in the same sentence? Who cares. Once is enough. Or do you just love the sound of your own name?

You want small talk? Go hang out with your xgf.

All dealers give a quick explanation of the controls. In fact most don't give you any explanation of the controls. That is not a Tesla specific issue.

You wanted a special offer "because you're such a great fit for your car"? In other words you want a dealer to blow smoke up your ass, and have your ego stroked while they claim to be "cutting you a deal." Tesla's model is much better. They cut the middle man out (the dealer) and pass the savings directly on to the buyer, and everyone has the peace of mind of knowing that they paid the EXACT same for their car as the next person.... that they didn't get ripped off by their dealer.

You have a problem with Tesla's no pressure sales method? LOL. Anyone who wants to be pressured into a sale has something fundamentally wrong with them. Educated decisions don't happen in a rush. You want to be sold in a rush? Then you're just telling me you want to be ripped off.

" The undercarriage rustproofing, the delivery charge, the preparation charge, the unspecified add-ons, the extra special coat of wax, these have no purpose other than protecting the consumer." - RIGHHHHT. And by protecting the consumer you mean lining the dealers pockets with profit. Thank god for that delivery charge. It really protects us consumers !!!Thank god for the preparation charge. Tesla's making a big mistake delivering you a "prepared" car for free.

If you think dealerships do what they do to protect the consumer, and not to make profit, then good luck with all your other business decisions.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0