08-29-2015, 10:51 PM   #26
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Recently came back from Euro Delivery and took a few gadgets with me. The following applies to Germany, Italy, Switzerland, France, Austria, and Belgium.
Radar detector (V1) was pretty much useless as they don't seem to care terribly if you speed a little... as long as you don't buzz excessively past a leo. Plus they take a dim view of radar detectors anyway (ticket if caught using it).
Waze: useless in most parts of EU. Starting to catch on in Canada, but uptake is slow. I still use it and it has helped occasionally.
C-150 Cheetah: A MUST have if going on Euro Delivery. Pretty good here in Canada to until you get to know where the traps are. So a great complement to a radar/laser detector/jammer when on a road trip. I am not invested in the company, so my opinion is just that. It gives a great description of the type of speed cameras. In Europe this is gold, as they have average speed cameras on top of well hidden laser cameras shooting at the back of your car. In Italy I have run into 3 of these in a row within 2 km. I got mine from Alex (a distributor here in Vancouver, KMPH.ca), who was kind enough to lend me his V1 for this Euro trip when he heard I was going. Just my 2cents but seriously worth checking out if going to do an ED.

Last edited by Ragged Edge; 08-29-2015 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0