View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #287
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Performance wise, the car leaves quite a bit to be desired, at least given the price. It's more of a tech demo/fuel economy-focused car that happens to be pretty damn quick, much like the Tesla S. The M8 was reported by Auto Bild back in December, so who knows if it will pan out.

I'd be careful with absolutist statements like that, too. BMW M also used to say they will always be a separate division and they will always be about natural aspiration and throttle response.
The i8 is the Sports car in its most progressive form. Its the "What if?" Concept for a legislative future.
Legislation will increase , it is inevitable and larger engines could be at risk in the future. But same power (or more) can be obtained using far less cylinders and electrification. The first BMW e cars are a good example of this.
This is the showcase for the i8 in how to gain more using less. There is no other car like it on the market.

That was years ago. Progress and legislation has increased that companies have to find progressive ways to innovate further to move them ahead to increase sales and appeal to customers. If you stay still you don't progress and you don't appeal to new and Current and new customers alike.