View Single Post
      08-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #29
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

I am going to argue many e46 owners are going to jump back in a M4 if they missed the E9X M3 boat.

I owned a 2003 LSB M3 6-spd but could not bring myself to love the E9X. It was extremely disappointing to me upon release. Dumbed down fenders, odd hood bulge, odd front bumper (not a smile, but a frown). I couldn't stand the taillighs the most, how the center trunk lights line up with the top, not the bottom of the outer light. It's a extremely fast car but that was it - much more boring to drive vs the e46 (no connection, no feeling). Similar to what e36 owners complained about when the e46 came out. Over time the car started to grow on me, and I would of picked one up (even with all the drawbacks IMO, I like modern cars) but got into the real estate thing last year.

With this new M4, we are back to our roots. Lighter weight, straight 6 (I had a JZA80 Supra Turbo before too... PHENOMENAL motors) focus on exotic M colors, and just that aggressive sporty profile. Love how the focused on making the 4 wide, that rear quarter panel is drop dead gorgeous stretched, and the tail lights can't get better. Steering wheel went back to a thin sporty style instead of a big chubby airbag. Concept was done spot on. I wish M cars went back to the "smiley" bumpers but with the lip spoiler it's not as bad.

I personally cannot with for this car, IMO it's back to e46 like roots with the latest and greatest technology! I will definitely pick one up.
Appreciate 0