tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinGE View Post
Agreed.

I can see this same thread being created in a Mustang forum talking about how its a performance value compared to the M3/M4.
It's funny to talk about BMW and value in the same sentence. The OP lost me when he started there then proceeded to jump straight into pure numbers. If you want performance/$$ then grab a Mustang GT/Boss/GT500 and be done with it.

Comparing a 458 to a M3 or M3/GT3 is laughable. Sure the 'value' may be better if you're only talking hp. But then why not extend the argument to the 'value' and hp of M3/Mustang GT. About the same HP for half the price. At least the Mustang can keep up with the m3 on the track (currently available models). Put it in Boss form (which still saves you around $20k - or about half the cost of another Boss) and then it trumps the M3 in performance. Future iterations will probably have a similar result in both performance and power.

Not even sure how the M6 even fits. Great cruiser, but that's one car I wouldn't even own. It doesn't make sense to me. And yes, I've driven one, alot, hard on a track. Give me the M3 for sporty fun with enough room for my needs or the M5 if I really needed extra space.

But let's not get on the OP too much, he's just asking a question that got a few of us a bit too excited. Cross shopping is fun, just like talking about cars is.

If I could afford the GT3, I'd get that, if I could afford the 458 I'd have one of those before I'd have a M3 as many would, but since money is always a factor, the M3 is a better buy and probably an a better all around car than either if you're driving it to work every day and/or want to carry 2-3 pasengers.

But if you really want value, than truly the M3 beings to lose that battle when compared to other similarly performing cars (let's not get into lap comparisons of the Chevy ZL1 or Boss vs any of the cars mentioned in this thread other and debate the performance to $$$ value).

OK, rant over.

(PS I'd still take a M3 over an american car if I didn't have to rationalize its cost. But I'm keeping an eye on the C63 too)
Appreciate 0