12-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #50
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
I'd be curious to know what a single exit with an angled tip and a diffuser that only has one exhaust opening would look like. Might look like ass on these cars but it'd be an interesting mockup if anyone is good with photoshop lol
Here's a picture of the V1 version of my exhaust. My inner JDM fan boy was actually the inspiration for this first iteration. Was designed to piss off purists. The premise was that if I could make the car sound like an RB, then it accomplished its purpose. Personally I like it, and even with the second opening on the diffuser still there, I think with the offset muffler and pipe visible it had a hot rodded look to it. Certainly would spark conversations and every car enthusiast on the road was rushing to pull up next to me to hear it when I had it. When you have something so obviously different, people notice. I wanted to stand out.

Unfortunately, the 4 inch fartcan exit was a little too bassy, and while it sounded good, it wasn't what I was looking for. Shrinking the exit pipe to 3 inches sped up the velocity enough to get rid of the low end tones. And the smaller muffler opened the volume up to the glorious result you hear in V2. So now my car is louder when I want it without any more noticeable drone than before.
Attached Images

Last edited by ntg44; 12-07-2019 at 05:16 AM..
Appreciate 0